Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Interesting piece from Deviant Art

Photobucket


I think its definitely an interesting piece of artwork. In my opinion it is an interesting based on having two complete subjects that exist in opposite ends of the spectrum. This beautiful women, who is looks to be wearing delicate clothing is in a grungy forest/swamp-like setting. The lighting really help bring out the 3 dimensional aspect of the women. The reflected light adds a softness to her skin and emphasizes the idea of the women being delicate and possibly heavily cared for/ or wealthy. What does everyone think about it?

Source: http://Dezzan.deviantart.com/art/Be-in-the-wrong-place-151029714

3 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or has she been caught by the mother lizard in the process of trying to creep up and steal one of those eggs? I think it has to do with the way her legs are, as if she was slowly sliding towards the nest along the root. And she's looking up at the lizard with a very matter-of-fact expression, a little defiant even... There's a story behind this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually disagree with you completely. I think the woman fits perfectly into her surroundings and that the picture overall exudes a fantastical and translucent feel. The photo has a bit of life and feist to it, which is pretty cool. However, I do see why you interpreted it the way you did. I think she could be interpreted as too sophisticated for her surroundings..until, you look deeper and see that at heart, she probably is someone who is supposed to be there.

    Other than that, great picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. The source website for your images is really neat. I almost feel like the new picture is more visually pleasing than the two stock images from which it is composed. I really liked how the pattern of her tights is so related to the patterns in the forest shrubbery. It has a harmonizing effect for the components of the image. I think it is awesome that the message is so much stronger for the hybrid image. Her facial expression is very suitable for having just been caught by the lizard. Her expression doesn't really seem suitable for the stock image.

    ReplyDelete